We thrive on creating really awesome mural artworks with schools. When students work with our artists as part of a team, when they learn new skills, build self esteem and gain a huge sense of achievement – the benefits of our school mural painting programs extend much further than the bricks they are painting on.
Reasons to consider a school mural for your campus:
- Improves and beautifies school grounds
- Public art activates the imagination and encourages people to pay attention and perceive more deeply the environment they occupy
- Murals stimulate learning and thought about art and society, about our interconnected lives, and about the social sphere as a whole
- Mural provides everyone in the school community with direct and on- going encounters with art
- Our mural programs require collaboration between artists, students and teachers. Students learn to work as a team
- When students learn new skills they build self esteem
- Mural programs provide real world learning and the opportunity to add the experience to a student portfolio
What is involved in organising a school mural?
We appreciate how time-poor teachers are nowdays – which means that once you contact us, we organise everything for a school mural program – right down to a risk assessment.
All of our artists have valid working with children checks and public liability insurance. We can host a brainstorm session with a class of students or student committee to help develop a theme for the mural.
We’ll also provide support materials about the artist for teachers to use in the classroom in the lead up to mural painting workshops. These materials might inclide artist bios, links to work and information about their style of mural painting.
Contact Jacinta on 0422 033 055 or info@thewallstation to organise a school mural.